QSA (2) CC SA01 (W. S. Elsdon, Ord., H.M.S. Naid.) clasps neatly added to reflect entitlement;
AGS 1902 (1) Somaliland 1902-04 (W.S. Elsdon, A.B., H.M.S. Naiad);
NGS 1915 (1) Persian Gulf 1909-1914 (205093 W. S. Elsdon, A.B. H.M.S. Fox);
1914-15 Star (205093, W. S. Elsdon, A.B., R.N.);
BWM & VM (205093 W. S. Elsdon. A.B. R.N.);
RN LS&GC GV (205093. W. S. Elsdon, A.B. H.M.S. Victory)
Provenance: DNW, April 2003 (when group sold with Q.S.A. as a no clasp award).
REG. NO.: 296.071
REGT: ROYAL NAVY - H.M.S. NIAD
BARS: NO BARS AS ISSUED
REMARKS / HISTORY:
1. AFRICA GENERAL SERVICE MEDAL - SOMALILAND 1902-1904
2. 133 NO BAR MEDALS ISSUED TO SHIP.
3. VERIFIED - FEVYER AND WILSON, PAGE 61
4. 2nd Class twin screw cruiser of 3,400 tons and 7000-9000 HP.
5. SERVED BETWEEN APRIL 1901 AND NOVEMBER 1901. COMMANDED BYCAPTAIN THE HONOURABLE A. E. BETHEL. DETACHED FROM MEDITERRANEAN STATION.
1. 26007 S/SERGEANT S. C. BENNETT, ROYAL ARMY MEDICAL CORPS.
2. 1914 - 1918 WAR MEDAL
3. INTERALLIED VICTORY MEDAL
Military Historical Society
QSA (0) (J. Wilson, Car. Mte. H.M.S. Naiad.); A
AGS 1902 (1) Somaliland 1902-04 (J. Wilson, Car. Mte. H.M.S. Naiad.);
Royal Navy LS&GC VR (John Wilson. Carp. Mate. H.M.S. St. Vincent.)
John Wilson was born in Liverpool in April 1859. He joined the Royal Navy as a Shipwright in September 1885, and advanced to Carpenter’s Mate in July 1889. Wilson served with H.M.S. Naiad, March 1901 - August 1904 (awarded LS&GC in November 1900).