Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Todays sale 11 years 9 months ago #4289

• Stephen Bayley
  • Thank you received: 32
Sorry David I fear I am one of those people helping QSA's outpace inflation. Your are obvouisly a wise investor.

Frank, If you find a way to get around Bank Fees, please let me know. Those Bankers know how to make you pay and pay.....

This is the first time I have purchased from City Coins and I am really impressed with the high customer service recieved. Most impressive. I am sure I will bidding with CC again.

Cheers
Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Todays sale 11 years 9 months ago #4290

• Frank Kelley
  • Frank Kelley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 954
Stephen,
Just phone and pay with a debit/credit card, not an option that was available with them last time I placed bids!
Frank

Stephen Bayley wrote:
Frank, If you find a way to get around Bank Fees, please let me know. Those Bankers know how to make you pay and pay.....

Cheers
Stephen

Re: Todays sale 11 years 9 months ago #4346

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
At 08:30 this morning, a courier delivered an envelope from City Coins, which contained the QSA/KSA pair to 5792 Pte T Barker, Gordon Highlanders, which has been welcomed into its new home. Now to find out more about Pte Barker .....

Brett

Attachments:

Re: Todays sale 11 years 9 months ago #4348

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Brett

Very nice pair, congratulations and good luck with your research, keep us updated.

Paul :)
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Re: Todays sale 11 years 9 months ago #4349

• Frank Kelley
  • Frank Kelley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 954
Brett,
A lovely pair, was a copy of the original rolls included?, I think I would contact the the museum at St Lukes, Viewfield Road, Aberdeen, AB15 7XH, as you are abroad perhaps a email to [email protected] would be the way to go.
Frank

Brett Hendey wrote: At 08:30 this morning, a courier delivered an envelope from City Coins, which contained the QSA/KSA pair to 5792 Pte T Barker, Gordon Highlanders, which has been welcomed into its new home. Now to find out more about Pte Barker .....

Brett

Re: Todays sale 11 years 9 months ago #4355

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
Paul

Thank you. I hope I will have something to report about Barker. My last purchase, a KRRC group, turned into a research flop. Even my last hope for information, The Rifles Museum in Winchester, could not help. I hope to do better this time.

Frank

There were no papers with the medals, but Barker is listed in David's Elandslaagte book, although with a different initial. I have already been told that Barker's records are not on Ancestry, so that is an ominous start. By coincidence, yesterday I looked up the Gordon Highlanders Museum on the Internet, so I will be contacting them

Regards
Brett

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.589 seconds