Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fredrick John Clarke

Fredrick John Clarke 4 years 7 months ago #24545

• Ians1900
  • Thank you received: 12
Susie,

What great photographs and thank you QSA Mike.

Well, please everyone get involved here, I think his QSA medal is the 1st on the left and looking at what I think is the KSA next to it with the usual two bars, I would say that his QSA HAS four or five bars to it, as per the newspaper article. If so, then this man served with another regiment in South Africa other than the Suffolk's (Please see the attachment to my earlier post above).

Please add comment to this everyone.

Susie, I presume that you know where the medals are, therefore (and I know this is easy for me to say) can you not write to the person who has them and simply ask to be told the details from them? After all, it is your Great Grandfather too. Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. Then the forum members can tell you what he got up to in South Africa.

Good luck.

Kind regards

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fredrick John Clarke 4 years 7 months ago #24559

• Ians1900
  • Thank you received: 12
Can anyone help any further?

I really do hope that the forum members can help Susie solve this puzzle.

Susie, good luck!

Kind regards
Ian

Fredrick John Clarke 4 years 7 months ago #24560

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 675
Just a thought: do the UK National Archives hold rolls of the LSGC and the MSM? Say before 1918 to fit in with what we SEEM to know. I do realise that a number of F.Clarkes are likely to be on one or the other; but not both! Perhaps someone with deep experience of the NA might be able to advise Susie on this.
Otherwise, given what we don't know, the only hope is to find out what naming is on the medals.
Regards
IL.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds