Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 3 months ago #24996

• lkp
  • lkp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all , my name is wayne and I live in Manchester England. I have joined for research purposes on a collection of letters home from a boer war soldier by the name of Leonard Knight Park , this site was the first trace of his name I googled so here I shall start. I will upload lots of pictures and info on any mentioned names / key points etc. Also would be welcoming of any advice as to what to do with a collection of letters, these seem to date from 1884 to the early 1900s .
The topic has been locked.

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 3 months ago #25001

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1883

lkp wrote: Hi all , my name is wayne and I live in Manchester England. I have joined for research purposes on a collection of letters home from a boer war soldier by the name of Leonard Knight Park , this site was the first trace of his name I googled so here I shall start. I will upload lots of pictures and info on any mentioned names / key points etc. Also would be welcoming of any advice as to what to do with a collection of letters, these seem to date from 1884 to the early 1900s .

Good Morning Wayne......

Park was born in 1880 so some of the earlier letters must not have been from him and he died at the age of 23......

I would be interested in buying or at least obtaining copies of any letters or photos of Park......

Though being a Canadian he joined the SAC in Portsmouth.....

Mike

(Photo 2769)
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 3 months ago #25002

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I used to write letters at the age of four or so, okay, so they were to Father Christmas and perhaps not grammatically correct, but, so what! :)

QSAMIKE wrote:

lkp wrote: Hi all , my name is wayne and I live in Manchester England. I have joined for research purposes on a collection of letters home from a boer war soldier by the name of Leonard Knight Park , this site was the first trace of his name I googled so here I shall start. I will upload lots of pictures and info on any mentioned names / key points etc. Also would be welcoming of any advice as to what to do with a collection of letters, these seem to date from 1884 to the early 1900s .

Good Morning Wayne......

Park was born in 1880 so some of the earlier letters must not have been from him and he died at the age of 23......

I would be interested in buying or at least obtaining copies of any letters or photos of Park......

Though being a Canadian he joined the SAC in Portsmouth.....

Mike

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 3 months ago #25003

• lkp
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
I am working away from home for a few days so I will have a proper sort out of the letters and upload more info and some pics when I return, I may be a willing to sell the letters you want but I need to have a good read 1st . Amazing info already , as these are mainly to his family I would presume his father or close relative was a soldier , many are from Egypt 1884-5 , I cant wait to get cracking on this lot , I am no expert on Victorian Military campaigns but I soon will be :)

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 3 months ago #25004

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1883

PARK, L. K. (Leonard Knight Park)

REG. NO.: C1865

REGT: SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY, "C" DIVISION
BARS: CAPE COLONY, ORANGE FREE STATE, TRANSVAAL, SOUTH AFRICA, 1901, SOUTH AFRICA 1902

REMARKS / HISTORY:

1. DATE OF BIRTH: June 26th, 1880, HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA.
2. OCCUPATION: BARMAN
3. RELIGION: CHURCH OF ENGLAND
4. MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE
5. SAC ENLISTMENT DATE: May 19th, 1901, AT PORTSMOUTH, ENGLAND.
6. SAC RELEASE DATE: ACCIDENTALLY DROWNED, CAROLINA, January 3rd, 1903.
7. PERSONNEL FILE LOCATION: PRETORIA - NASA, TAB, SAC, VOL.175
8. ORIGINAL TROOP: 14/C

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: lkp

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 3 months ago #25005

• lkp
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Amazing, you are going to love these, they include death cert, letters home to mother, letter home informing mother of death ,letter off his co talking of the circumstances letters off friends to mother after death etc , I wish I had brought them with me to read .
wayne
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds