Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 2 months ago #25520

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Mike,
Well the issue of plating would make it a little easier, I suppose, from your own point of view, although, I'd be rather surprised if you had felt it to actually be an issue, given the particular circumstances, but notwithstanding, it was still a very kind thing to have done in the first place, upon looking at the film, I very much doubt if she is at all concerned or perhaps even aware of the plating anyway.
Well done Mike, regards again Frank

QSAMIKE wrote: Good Morning Frank......

Yes I do, one of the reasons that I bought them was because it was father and son, I have a soft spot for them and have a few sets..... Was initially not going to buy them because they were plated.......

Mike

The topic has been locked.

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 2 months ago #25566

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good afternoon David,
I certainly don't know anyone that deals in medals that has no interest in profit, I would think it is foremost in their minds.
Regarding the issue here, I do think that it is unfortunate, but, it is very typical of the sort of thing that does go on these days on a regular basis and it is only really made possible because of the very existence of forums.
People will read something and then join a particular forum purely to talk to the member concerned, often privately, and sometimes in a most underhand way and that is before you even start about advertising etc, all very annoying, yet very typical, sadly, many have a complete lack of any sort of propriety whatsoever and are very candid in what they have to say.
Kind regards Frank

djb wrote: lkp,

I've nothing against you for selling the items to the highest bidder. For many, this is a key driver. I know several dealers who openly admit that they only deal in medals for the profit they can make from them.

It is though unfortunate that an opportunity to provide the owner of the medal with copies of such valuable information has been lost. Yes, the new owner may make contact and do this but it would have been a nice gesture from you, having advertised the material on this site, to have done so yourself.

Kind regards
David

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 2 months ago #25572

• lkp
  • lkp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
All fair points I suppose DJB , if mike were a family member of LKP I would have had a whole different view on the situation, in hindsight I should have posted the ebay id in a private message , Item had already been on sale for a few days and was doing ok for watchers/ bidders tbh , I have no need to advertise and apologise to mike if that's how he saw it , he had the power to remove the post or ask me to if he saw it as wrong . (as did you as a senior member)
wayne .

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 2 months ago #25575

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1883
Good Morning Everyone......

As one of the main characters in this drama I think that it has been talked about enough and should now be dropped...... We have basically all had our say and offered our opinions and now the subject should be locked...... Or deleted......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 2 months ago #25578

• lkp
  • lkp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Best of luck Mike, and thanks to you all for not getting too heated.
best wishes to you all
wayne

Intro , trooper Leonard Knight Park 9 years 2 months ago #25580

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Mike,

I agree, thread is now locked as requested.

Regards
Paul

QSAMIKE wrote: Good Morning Everyone......

As one of the main characters in this drama I think that it has been talked about enough and should now be dropped...... We have basically all had our say and offered our opinions and now the subject should be locked...... Or deleted......

Mike

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds