Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

City Coins 5 years 7 months ago #60543

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
That's a shame, Mike. Could you pay using one of the new international payment cards? I know some use Caxton for payments from different currencies to ZAR.
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

City Coins 5 years 7 months ago #60557

• Volunteer
  • Thank you received: 142
Lot 100 City Coins Auction 19th October 2018
Inclusion in this sale seems to suggest that it has some relevance to South Africa / Boer War. Reference to the unidentified Matron Whelan would appear to suggest some rarity.
Maybe uncommon but not rare. I have one of these, and I found another 2 in online searches
www.petersnursingcollectables.com/viewph...p?shoph=51290&phqu=5
www.petersnursingcollectables.com/viewph...p?shoph=50054&phqu=5
and nothing to do with Boer War or South Africa. It is a nurse’s badge of the Princess Christian Hospital, Weymouth, Dorset, England., the hospital being so called from 1902.
Peter
Attachments:

City Coins 5 years 7 months ago #60559

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
What is wrong with the payment method? They are the same as anyone surely? Either send them a credit card or transfer to their bank account. I have done it internationally for years. It is the same as when paying DNW for example. Ryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: QSAMIKE

City Coins 5 years 7 months ago #60561

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879

rdarby wrote: What is wrong with the payment method? They are the same as anyone surely? Either send them a credit card or transfer to their bank account. I have done it internationally for years. It is the same as when paying DNW for example. Ryan

Thank You Ryan for making me read it again only a little more deeply as I missed the mention of the Credit Card, I guess the mind see's what it wants to see...…

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

City Coins 5 years 7 months ago #60572

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 452

QSAMIKE wrote:

rdarby wrote: What is wrong with the payment method? They are the same as anyone surely? Either send them a credit card or transfer to their bank account. I have done it internationally for years. It is the same as when paying DNW for example. Ryan

Thank You Ryan for making me read it again only a little more deeply as I missed the mention of the Credit Card, I guess the mind see's what it wants to see...…

Mike

That's your "angel eyes" looking after your wallet Mike. The devil will be along soon....good luck with your bids. :)
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

City Coins 5 years 7 months ago #60584

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi Peter
Lot 100 is under Miscellaneous and nothing suggests that it has to do with the Boer War or South Africa. The estimate certainly does not suggest a rarity!
I bought that particular item off the Matthew Taylor Sale ( Christies, July 1983) and gave it to Natalie purely because it had a nursing connection. Mr Taylor did much research on items in his collection and that letter came with the badge.
Henk

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.497 seconds