Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

At last a Mafeking! 10 years 2 weeks ago #19198

• JustinLDavies
  • Thank you received: 121
Paul,

I would imagine that there is a good account of the action in 'Rhodesia Served the Queen' but I cannot lay my hands on my two volume set at the moment!

Best,

Justin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

At last a Mafeking! 10 years 2 weeks ago #19200

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Paul,
You have entered a whole new area with this medal, I certainly don't think you paid too much either, it is really quite rare and not one that you could replace tomorrow, regardless of what others may tell you, members of A Squadron were very exceptional soldiers, I've always held them in very high regard.
Going back to the money side, you must bare in mind that twenty five years ago, if you paid £400 or so, you would get a very fine QSA indeed, sadly, times have changed, but, it is all relative of course!
Frank

At last a Mafeking! 10 years 2 weeks ago #19202

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
Paul

Congratulations on a great addition to your collection! There is something very appealing about 'Relief' medals, particularly 'RoM's'. Those medals are well worth a maffick to a collector.

Regards
Brett

At last a Mafeking! 10 years 2 weeks ago #19203

• coldstream
  • coldstream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 214
Justin,

Keep searching for me ;)

Thank you
Paul :)

JustinLDavies wrote: Paul,

I would imagine that there is a good account of the action in 'Rhodesia Served the Queen' but I cannot lay my hands on my two volume set at the moment!

Best,

Justin

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

At last a Mafeking! 10 years 2 weeks ago #19204

• coldstream
Frank,

Thank you for your comments.
I have tried to be more selective with my medal purchases of late,looking at quality rather than quantity.
I believe some medals are a better investment at the moment than savings, although I do not buy with that in mind.

Frank Kelley wrote: Paul,
You have entered a whole new area with this medal, I certainly don't think you paid too much either, it is really quite rare and not one that you could replace tomorrow, regardless of what others may tell you, members of A Squadron were very exceptional soldiers, I've always held them in very high regard.
Going back to the money side, you must bare in mind that twenty five years ago, if you paid £400 or so, you would get a very fine QSA indeed, sadly, times have changed, but, it is all relative of course!
Frank

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

At last a Mafeking! 10 years 2 weeks ago #19205

• coldstream
Hello Brett,

Thank you for your comments.
Yes I agree about "Relief" medals, this one is special for me, being my first RofM :cheer:

Brett Hendey wrote: Paul

Congratulations on a great addition to your collection! There is something very appealing about 'Relief' medals, particularly 'RoM's'. Those medals are well worth a maffick to a collector.

Regards
Brett

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds