Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

City Coins 3 years 6 months ago #72521

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
I did not keep a copy and can't recall the source of the Wilson article (Medal News????). I suggest you ask Natalie to look in the relevant recipients file and identify it
Henk
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

City Coins 3 years 6 months ago #72522

• Summers
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Wonderful catalogue, well done to David and Henk.

City Coins 3 years 5 months ago #72614

• jan808
  • Thank you received: 13
A really fabulous catalogue, as deserves a collection of this outstanding quality.

No doubt like many members of this forum, I am counting my pennies and looking forward to bidding on some lots. But as someone who has never purchased from City Coins before, are there any things that a UK resident such as myself should be aware of? I mean, are there any issues associated with import of purchases. or anything else to be aware of (just in terms of budgeting)? And although I have bought at auction for 25 years, I don't think I have ever bid via a postal auction - what is the difference between that and more conventional auctions? I assume that the bid submitted is the maximum figure, rather than a single offer? Sorry if these all seem obvious questions, but any guidance gratefully received.
Thanks,
Johnathan

City Coins 3 years 5 months ago #72616

• Henk Loots
Hi Johnathan
If you are very keen on an item, put in a bid way over the top estimate. If you are the only bidder, you will get it at the lower estimate (which has been set conservatively)
If there are other bidders, you will get it at one notch above the 2nd highest bid.
E.g. Estimate 300 – 500. You bid 1500. If you are the only bidder, you get it for 300. If there is another bid of 420, you get it for 440. Obviously, if somebody else is also very keen with a high bid it could become expensive.
One tip : do not bid in round figures. Avoid , say, 350 but make it 353.
I suggest you e-mail Natalie at City Coins re delivery of overseas purchases
Henk
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, jan808, Moranthorse1

City Coins 3 years 5 months ago #72622

• Moranthorse1
  • Thank you received: 772
Evening to all,
Arrived home from work today to find that the City Coins catalogue had landed on my doorstep.
Expect to be making the all important selections over the next few days. So many actions, stories and characters!
Many thanks to Natalie for shipping over to me. And a job well done to all involved in putting it together .
A great memento of the sale and it would be a thrill to actually get a winning bid.
Happy bidding!
Steve

City Coins 3 years 5 months ago #72630

• Henk Loots
Hi Johnathan (and others....)
A further advantage of the CC Postal Auction is that you can state your budget and list your priorities in any order: you are not bound to the numerical lot sequence. You can also stipulate that money be rolled over to another lot if unsuccessful with a particular lot.
Henk
The following user(s) said Thank You: ianbrentnall

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds